Saturday, March 04, 2006

Terrible Taste in Women

Ok. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that my choice in women leaves something to be desired. It's just terrible!

After 6 disasters in my relationship department I swear my love life would overwhelm any natural calamity and civil unrest this country is going through - IF it were represented at the same magnitude of course. It's just colossal! I can't believe my luck!

I'm beginning to re-assess my visual capabilities here. Well, to be honest it wasn't all a waste. 2 out 6 isn't all bad. Just don't ask me about the details of what put these two to an abrupt end.

I don't know if that's just my libido talking or my somewhat twisted nature of thinking that led me to just frantically grab these walking, breathing accidents. Yes, I am totally to blame for picking up any girl I can find them and putting them in a place that is not meant for them. Thus, a tragic vehicle of my demise. Fact is, these girls were just a game that I ended up being played. At least I had one good advice from one of them. "Easy come, easy go." Cheap women are just that. They're cheap. If you took them in without a fight, chances are they'll go elsewhere at the same you took them in.

With these kind of mistakes I've been making, it's no wonder even my mother keeps my ability to have a relationship under lock and key. I can't blame her or anyone else who would think the same thing. After all, I've loved women who would make any girl I meet across the street commit suicide in regret.

A friend once told me that at least I had the intelligence i.e. awareness to realize I have no taste in girlfriends compared to some guys out there can't take a hint. Maybe it was my disillusionment or something else but it never occured to me until I came out of their lives with a terrible taste in my mouth, severe emotional distress and a startling realization that I'm flat broke. This led me to wonder WHERE the hell I went; WHY I went there and HOW I managed to stay alive this long.

These days I just step up my taste just a notch. I wouldn't consider this a standards adjustment but rather being more steadfast in what I really want in a relationship. Someone once told me that the one we fall for will always be the exception. This time no more. This is my lifelong promise. I do this to everything else in my life. In fact, this is how I do it with everything else. I never settled for less and yet in this little chapter of my life I've made too many exceptions already. I realize now that I'm not getting any younger and I'm not that stupid to make too many mistakes regarding this matter.

Never again.

No comments:

What others are yacking...