Monday, January 19, 2009

Sins of the past

Due to my history of failed relationships my mom put my love life under a microscope. So it's only fair that every time I go into a relationship I give my girl the heads up of the world of scrutiny she will most likely encounter.

Not so long ago, after I told my girl about all this she replied with a sigh saying "why do I have to pay for your ex's wrongs?" I didn't think much of it that time. After all, who wouldn't react to something like that? It was any new boyfriend or girlfriend's job to prove that she is different. Damage control always comes with the territory.

After an encounter with a relationship that was full of manipulation for reasons I have connected in time I ended up asking the same question. "Why do I have to pay for a past relationship's mistakes?" It's really different when you're at the receiving end of the stick I tell you.

I just can't see the logic on exacting one's revenge on someone else. It just doesn't make any sense! I mean, even from where I stand I don't see any peace of mind in it. I can probably exact my revenge on every new woman I'll ever meet but that would never be enough to grant justice to the guilty. It's as if these people are trying to spread their love-stricken misery among the people who are happy. What's worse is that most of them actually find PLEASURE in it!

It was always a point that someone had to heal from a past relationship before moving on. Apparently some never do while most of the others use others for that fix. Oh, the song sounds too familiar. You get baited with promises of loyalty, sincerity and integrity and when you're sold out on the whole bullshit you get to be tormented the way they were - spreading the bitterness. We don't deserve to be treated like this!

I really pity the rebound guy and girl. As the title of the song "Love is a battlefield" states, it can only imply that most people fight the war and only a few of us are innocent bystanders victimized by the ravages of that war.

I find it really depressing that an emotion of love can actually manifest the opposite in an infectious way.

I wish there was something I could share to avoid this but hate - love's by-product - has pretty much spread this infectious disease on the populace. A drug that we so willingly accept...

but the addiction can never be broken.

No comments:

What others are yacking...