Thursday, July 30, 2009

R.I.P.: Chad

Sheesh, the things that go through my mind at 12 midnight.

Since I follow a simplistic mindset that is completely devoid of colloquial or societal beliefs, I have come to realize that even in death I am still dull and tasteless (I guess that can be expected).

Being a non-believer of the supernatural, paranormal and non-practitioner of any cutom or belief I also have a different outlook of death. If you had to know, yes, I walk under ladders, work during the Sabbath, I take compliments from people with moles on their tongues, piss in the woods at night, and cannot be intimidated by Jesus or God mainly because the first one has been dead for more than 2,000 years and the second one's existence is still subject to an infinite amount of debating.

Anyway... You see, death is inevitable. We all know this. I neither deny it nor fear it but I know most of you will probably bullshit yourselves that death is not the end because your unfounded beliefs tell you it isn't. I, on the other hand, accept this harsh reality. After all, it's pointless to fear what you cannot control. Since I am not superstitious I have nothing to explain my afterlife.

When I'm dead, I'm dead. It's the end. Show's over.

Having said that, I would like to request my beloved friends - imaginary or otherwise - not to show up at my funeral. (The former would probably bug my family and the latter would be much, much more disturbing to them.) The reason being that I am obviously and evidently dead - indefinitely, if you like to see it that way - so I won't be around to accept your best wishes and whatnots. So why bother?

Most of all, if you're there to pay your respects, I wouldn't know and I lack the mental and phsycial capacity to appreciate it.

Oh, lastly, if you're coming I would like to point out that there's no food so you can forget your freeloading ass about it. If you're coming over simply because you feel guilty, well, I'm sorry, your chance passed while I was around.

Lesson: You visit people when they are alive NOT when they're DEAD. Why take chances in believing that death is not the end?

No comments:

What others are yacking...