Thursday, December 17, 2009

Immaterial Boy

I have always prided myself on being very unmaterialistic and always choosing to go after personal immaterial satisfaction instead of actual tangible gains. Sure, I buy things now and then but it's not so much in the possession as it is in the experience of finding what you want and having the ability to have it. I guess it hasn't changed the fact that I always want things for the experience not for the money OR the glory.

"What do you want for Christmas, Chad?"

For 20 years I have dreaded this question my parents and friends ask every December. (Hell, I don't even know what I want for my birthday!) My answer would still be the same: I don't know.

By all honesty, I really don't know what I want! I could ask for material things but what would that accomplish? I'd just get bored with it and forget about it. If you gave me cash I would probably just stash it somewhere and stop caring about it. Don't take me for a fool, though, because I would remember every penny saved!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not someone who has everything! I don't have a house; I don't have a car and I don't even have a family of my own. I am still a wanderer walking this earth with no actual desire to belong. After all, I never did "belong" anywhere.

So here it goes again, another Christmas where I am again faced with such a simple yet cryptic question. If you've ever had one of those feelings where the guy/girl you've always wanted suddenly talks to you and for some reason you can't seem to get any words out? That's exactly what it's like!

I guess this must be the effect of being virtually incorruptible. After all, you can't buy a person who doesn't know what to do with the monetary gain he receives.

Note: I haven't been picking on my brain lately so pardon me if my illiterate literary skills are less that satisfactory as of late. Perhaps a little later in my career they might make me manager due to my seemingly progressive bout of incompetence. Merry Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

ka3nabonita said...

i like the old avatar better. where have you been man? tig dugay man imu post.

CH4:D said...

attending to whining in my company/semi-writer's block. I still got a lot of shit on draft. huhuhu....

What others are yacking...